A simple risotto with pea purée and basil pesto recipe using Alce Nero and Polli products.
- 300g Alce Nero organic arborio rice
- Vegetable broth made from vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 400g fresh peas
- 4 basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 60g grated pecorino cheese
- 1 jar of Polli basil green pesto
- Prepare the broth by bringing 700 ml water to the boil and adding the peeled onions with a spoon of vegetable stock granules.
- Heat 2 spoons of oil in a large saucepan, add the rice and toast on a medium flame.
- After 2 minutes add the broth, the cooked and finely chopped onion; continue cooking for approximately 15 minutes; stir occasionally and add salt to taste if necessary.
- Prepare the pea purée. Use a food processor to blend the raw peas, basil leaves, pecorino cheese and 40 ml of extra virgin olive oil to obtain a grainy mixture with a fresh, herby aroma.
- Once the rice has cooked, remove from heat and add the pea purée.
- Mix to obtain just the right consistency and divide into four warm plates, add a spoon of pesto in the center and serve immediately.